LIFE UPDATE : GROWING UP

8:44 pm

March 2017Lagoscitychic (5) Hey guys! I'm currently in the middle of watching Empire, searching outfit ideas for an Arabian themed party, twitter, my 2nd cup of coffee and  writer's block.
I have gone through all the rituals I perform when I have a block but you see NOTHING is working! Anyway how is your TGIF-eve going? Well, it's been a while I made a Life update post so I decided to give it a shot.

What have I been up to?

Okay starting with the one that's made me most excited, I completed my NYSC! It's such great feeling to stop wearing khaki and white sneakers (and I don't mean in a fashionable way). As everyone has told me, it's time to get into the real world haha. I mean adulting is quite hard as I can already see, stop reminding me!!.

During my youth service I was working as a virtual Community manager, and I have continued to do that. The working hours are very flexible and now I have a lot of time to concentrate of Lagos city chic. I don't mind that I've gained a couple of pounds too, my skin is currently glowing! Although I wonder if I'm choosing the seemingly easier path  and afraid to dive into the throes of job hunting. I'm trying to convince myself that Life begins at the end of my comfort zone.

For my last Life Update my sister took the pictures for me, but I'm so excited to have found a creative photographer Ire for The Photosagie effects. It's really important as a fashion blogger to have a photographer that understand your style and the concept of your blog. He totally gets me! See more of his work here

March 2017Lagoscitychic (2) In this post I was dealing with a lot of grief, I won't say I've dealt with it. There might be some things I'm doing or not doing that are not making the process easier, or maybe the process was not meant to be easy. But in all the whole process, coupled with the just ended Lent has put me on a more spiritual path and given me this desire to be a genuinely good person. Hm.

I'm happy to declare that I've made a couple of online acquaintances and really stylish blogger friends. It was one of the things I said I wanted on this THREE THINGS post. A lot of collaborations coming up next month and I'm excited to share it all with you!.

I remember when I spoke about how having a relationship in Lagos can be tricky here, ugh it still is my sister. But I'm growing, learning and discovering myself through all my experiences.

March 2017Lagoscitychic (4) Tomorrow is Coldstone's Arabian themed party. I've never been to a themed party so I'm pretty psyched about that (I don't know what to wear yet though, ideas?). Also this weekend is GTB's food and drink fair, as usual I'm looking forward to having a good time and meeting a lot of my readers!

So now off to have dinner and work on some posts which I'll schedule for the weekend because I plan to rest fully this weekend.

What have you been up to lately?
I'll love to hear from you!

xoxo
Mary


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Mary, congrats on your nysc completion.. I love your blog.. I've always wanted to connect with bloggers too.. Working towards that.. Maybe this is start of one of many.. So, what have I been up to lately.. It's been a busy one for me with exams coming up soon & growing in my PR ish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear. Wish you the best in your exams xx

    ReplyDelete

Don't go yet, Leave a comment

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard