THREE THINGS

4:49 pm

Hi loves! I've really enjoyed the time off during the easter break, but I sure missed blogging.
I had such an amazing time though. I started the break by heading out on a family road trip to Edo state! I haven't been on a road trip in almost 5 years and I had so much fun. If you follow my snapchat, you would have caught up with all the fun I had at my cousin's traditional wedding over the weekend. Over 50 cousins in attendance, wow, it was such a beautiful event!. I planned not to make my trip a "blog thing" so I left my camera back in Lagos, immediately I stepped into Edo state, I regretted that decision. So please forgive the snapchat pictures quality. It was such an interesting trip that I couldn't help but share.

My three favourite things from the weekend trip:

1: Family time
I got time to spend with my extended family and those moments were priceless. Bonding time, laughter and childhood memories, perfect!

2: Food!


On our way back, we stopped at Ore, It's a small town in Ondo state that serves as a rest stop during road trips. If you're familiar with Ore, you would understand when I say my mummy filled up the trunk with bunches of bananas, avocados, coconuts and mangoes! Yum!

3: Culture


 It's so refreshing to take a break from Lagos hustle and bustle to appreciate culture and traditions. And I think one of the best ways to experience culture is at weddings. The Edo bride is the centre of attraction, still I'm so sad I didn't take my camera along for better pictures. Lesson learned. I wish my cousin Ono and her husband a very happy and fruitful married life.

That sums up my Easter weekend! How did you enjoy your break and what did you get up to?

I love you for reading!
xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Marvellous family time! Amazing post. Very original

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, your comments keep me going!

      Delete
  2. Awesome. I love weddings especially niaja wedding so much love and spending time with family and cousins are always great. https://meilifisayo.wordpress.com/2017/04/08/beautiful-city-of-bath/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a thing I like about going back to your roots. So much food and catching up with fam.www.adagirl.com.ng

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know! I had a really great time Ada xx

      Delete
  4. Okoineme Giwa-Agbomeirele20 April 2017 at 11:52

    Awesome summation of a weekend I regret I missed! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Number 1! Hope you'll come around with wifey and the kids for the next family event? It's been too long!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't go yet, Leave a comment

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard