HAPPY BLACK WOMAN: 60 Personal Mantras That Inspire the Courage to Overcome Fear and Change Your Life

11:26 am


To stay pumped up and get back on track we all must overcome feelings of overwhelm by returning to our personal success mantra . A personal mantra is an affirmation to motivate and inspire you to be your best self. It is typically a positive phrase or statement that you use to affirm the way you want to live your life. Its purpose is to provide motivation and encouragement to you when you need to focus your mind to achieve a goal. Here, for your motivation and encouragement are 60 personal mantras.


  1. “Some periods of our growth are so confusing that we don’t even recognize that growth is happening…Those long periods when something inside ourselves seems to be waiting, holding its breath, unsure about what the next step should be, eventually become the periods we wait for, for it is in those periods that we realize that we are being prepared for the next phase of our life and that, in all probability, a new level of the personality is about to be revealed.” – Alice Walker (via Miss Lucy)
  2. “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world the master calls a butterfly.” (via GG)
  3. “Take the shoes off of your teeth and quit running your mouth about what you are going to do and put them on your feet and take some steps or run towards accomplishing your goals.” (via Dr. Cynthia)
  4. “I choose to LIVE.” (via Sharon)
  5. “I am flexible and flowing, open to the new and changing, at peace, and I trust in the process of life. Every moment is a new opportunity to become who I am. I move, with life.” (via N)
  6. “It’s time for you to move, realizing that the thing you are seeking is also seeking you.” – Iyanla Vanzant (via Kim)
  7. “My time is limited and I will not allow the noise of others’ opinions drown out my own inner voice. I will have the courage to follow my heart and intuition.” (via LaToya)
  8. “Action conquers fear” — Peter Nivio Zarlenga (via Christen)
  9. “I am willing to forgive. Forgiveness of myself and others releases me from the past. Forgiveness is my gift TO me, FOR me. I forgive, and I am free.” (via N)
  10. “The creator of the universe is lining up things in my favor.” – Joel Osteen (via Rosalyn)
  11. “Action is the antidote to despair.” – Joan Baez (via Jeannie)
  12. “The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you handle disappointment along the way.” – Robert Kiyosaki (via ArtDeal)
  13. ” Deep within man dwell those slumbering powers; powers that would astonish him, that he never dreamed of possessing; forces that would revolutionize his life if aroused and put into action. Don’t wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Weak men wait for opportunities; strong men make them. Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us.” – Orison Swett Marden (via Nesochi)
  14. “Don’t put a question mark where God has put a period.” – Joel Osteen (via Kim)
  15. “I am not who I’m going to be. I am always becoming.”- Ruby Dee (via SolStar5)
  16. “I am enough.” (via Elle)
  17. “If you give your fear legs, it will run away with your dreams.” (via Spring Flowerchild)
  18. “Ask for what you want and be prepared to get it.” – Maya Angelou (via StacyAustralia)
  19. “You were born with potential, You were born with goodness and trust, You were born with ideals and dreams, You were born with greatness, You were born with wings, You were not meant for crawling so don’t, You have wings, Learn to use them and fly.” – Rumi (via Teri)
  20. “I AM everything He created me to be.” (via MidWestDominicana)
  21. “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw (via Tara)
  22. “Nothing great was ever achieved by being realistic!” – Tom Venuto (via Chivon)
  23. “Before I left home I cut my hair close to my scalp so I could be a free woman w/ free thoughts, open to all possibilities. I didn’t know what I wanted to be but I knew I wanted to be the kind of woman who was bold, took chances and had adventures.” (via Nikita)
  24. “Excellence does not require perfection.” – Henry James (via Chela)
  25. “I follow the way of love.” (via Halona)
  26. “By the laws of evolution, it is already in you to change, all you must do is be willing.” (via Libryia)
  27. “Happiness is the consequence of personal effort.” – Eat, Pray, Love (via Chelseeblood)
  28. “Nobody will Love me, the way I love me. So, the way I treat myself sets the standards for others.” (via MrsMe)
  29. “The positive thinker, sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.” (via Duanecia)
  30. “When things don’t go your way, when things go “wrong”, and especially if you do not seem to currently have enough money, do not attach a story or sense of self worth to your circumstances.” – (Mastin Kipp (via SistahKnow)
  31. “To accomplish something you have never done before, you have to push beyond your comfort zone, trust your instincts, practice and believe in yourself.” (via 2nd Time Around)
  32. “We must be willing to get rid of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come.”- Joseph Campbell (via Virginia Shields)
  33. “The most common way people give up their power is thinking they don’t have any.” -Alice Walker (via b.marie)
  34. A” woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” – Diane Mariechild (via Skyy Banks)
  35. “If you don’t start somewhere…then I assure you, you’re going nowhere.” (via Star)
  36. “Trust in the process of life.” (via Patricia1771)
  37. “Those who are blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with follow-through who excel.” – Mary Kay Ash (via Spring Flowerchild)
  38. “Pray more. Fear less. Live better.” (via Shondriette Kelley)
  39. “Sometimes on the way to a dream, you get lost and find a better one.” (via Gladys)
  40. “I found God in me, and I loved her fiercely!” (via Amy-Sharee)
  41. “I AM the beautiful creation GOD made me, and I LIVE like it.” (via msjai)
  42. “Sometimes we have to step out of the box, break it down, and shred it up”- Scenes from a Sistah by Lolita Files (via Meika)
  43. “Fear nothing – especially not your talents and strengths. Be brave enough to show them off. Be grateful enough to use them.” (via Fefe)
  44. “Faith is not believing that God can. It is knowing that he will.” (via Patrice)
  45. “I allow and I trust.” (via FormerDreamer)
  46. “Trust God and get going.”- Tullian Tchividjian (via My Natural Write)
  47. “If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. When you can see that, you begin to meet people who are in your field of bliss, and they open doors to you. I say, follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.” – Joseph Campbell (via Cland1978)
  48. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale (via BecomingAwesome)
  49. “Never complain; never explain.” by Benjamin Disraeli (via Rob Prince)
  50. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success.” – Albert Schweitzer (via Miss Qu)
  51. “All people who are happy have God within them.” – The Alchemist (via Anonymous)
  52. “I am righteous and truthful to myself and others and about myself and others, my soul is whole, my family, community and environment are order and are stable, and I am in balance with the natural world.” (via Qareet)
  53. “Everybody ends up somewhere, but few people end up somewhere on purpose.”- Craig Groeschel (via Sly)
  54. “Sail away from the safe harbor.” (via Charlene)
  55. “Stop looking without and start looking within.” (via Cassie)
  56. “I am financially free, excited about life, joyful.” (via Katherine)
  57. the best way to lead is to be myself, and who i am is enough. (via B)
  58. “My life is special. I live my truth. I nurture my spirit. I celebrate me.” (via ReFlectionary)
  59. “Changing your life is hard. Changing your perception in which you see your world is easy.” (via Keith)
  60. “I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.” – Gilda Radner (via Anonymous)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard