MOVIE REVIEW: Here's what I thought about "SUICIDE SQUAD".

9:42 pm

Hey guys, this is my first movie review post and I'm not really sure I can sugarcoat my feelings about this movie just for the purpose of not forming a negative vibe with my reviews. So today I decided to go and see Suicide Squad at Silverbird in Ikeja City Mall.
Suicide Squad is a 2016 American superhero film based on the DC Comics antihero team of the same name. The third installment in the DC Extended Universe, the film is written and directed by David Ayer. The movie stars:
Will Smith
Jared Leto
Margot Robbie
Joel Kinnaman
Viola Davis
Jai Courtney
Jay Hernandez
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje
Ike Barinholtz
Scott Eastwood
Cara Delevingne.

First off the movie starts off in a grand Avengers type of way. With cool characters, with super cool abilities; including mutants and with witches. Spirits high, munching on my popcorn and in good company I watch with keen interest as the one of the most confusing storylines unfold.

My first big confusion was "Who is really the villan"?. The movie was filled with villans, my friends and until the very end of the movie you don't see the end goal. If one decides to think less of the storyline and consider the characters, Will Smith's character is somewhat skizoprhrenic, one minute he is the completely badass and heartless hitman, another minute he is weakened by the love he has for his daughter. Margot Robbie plays a quirky but lovable role as Harley Quinn
and to be honest all other characters, apart from Joker took backseats and were hardly noticeable. The main "bad guy" was The Enchantress AKA Witch, who is embarrassing because for a "bad guy" she spends the bulk of her screen time gyrating in front of an ill-defined “weapon,” that she created to wipe out the earth.
 I feel like from the start the directors were not sure what kind of movie they wanted this to be.
The movie was an overpopulated comedy in my opinion. 
Apparently the movie doesnt aim to be like regular super hero movies but it lacks a certain amount of movie action and delivery to make it a great movie.
 My mood after watching this movie was 

Let me not make this a spoiler review. If you end up seeing this movie(or have already seen it) please let me know what you think, you can comment under this post or comment on my instgram @lagoscitychic!

I love you for reading. xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Don't go yet, Leave a comment

PRESS

PRESS

Moodboard